Friday, August 20, 2010

Life is Hard Man--But Football is Starting Soon...

Been a long time...although I don't think anyone follows this so probably no big deal. Life is hard man. How is it possible to be working harder than ever, making more money than ever and yet still be struggling? Absolute mystery but I guess homeownership is just a bitch. But, I guess I shouldn't complain too much...

Luckily Touchdown Jesus is almost here to save us all with the start of football season...and America's favorite pastime...football gambling.

So, I'm going to start putting some of the teams I like to be very undervalued going into the year and ironically the first two are my alma-maters. Indiana. Arizona.

Indiana Hoosiers

First off, no way in hell IU finishes in last place in the Big Ten. No possible way that happens. I'd drop some expletives to make this even more clearer but this is a kid friendly blog. So here's the situation--if you return the TOP RETURNING QB in the league there is NO WAY IN HELL you'll finish in last place. I don't care who is around that QB in the skill positions, the o-line or the D. No way in hell that happens. Throw in a bunch of stud skill position players...see D. Willlis (RB) and a bunch of stud WRs, ie, Tandon Doss et. al and Ben Chappell slinging the ball and that is a better than average Big-Ten offense. I don't care how bad the D is...and I do not expect them to be bad at all. Average yes, bad no.

You heard it here first Indiana will be playing in a bowl this year. I would not touch their early games but I do fully expect IU to be a home dog to Michigan come week 4 and IU will win that game straight up.

Arizona Wildcats

Per the clown experts...AZ is predicted to finish between 5th and 8th place in the Pac-10 (or is it 12). Anyway, what a joke. Am I biased, yes. But am I an idiot, no. Again, no way in hell a team that finished tied for 3rd last year and was literally 1 or 2 plays away from heading to its first Rose Bowl is going to drop that much with the returning players AZ has. Say what you want about Mike Stoops but he has built a program in Tucson. This is not some clown-show operation like ASU.

With Foles, Criner, Grigsby, Antolin, Bug, et. al on offense...even with a new O-Coordinator, it will be explosive. Not to mention the new O-Coordinator is basically version 2.0 of Sonny Dykes. And as for the D, AZ is at the point now where they reload. Stoops is a defensive coach and even without his brother to help him there is no way the D will disappoint to the level the "experts" are suggesting. Corners and D-line should both be very strong taking the edge off of any inexperience at LB and safety. I expect HUGE seasons from Wade and my boy Golden. Not to mention the Pac-10 will be VERY down this year. With Oregon players not being able to avoid stealing drunk frat boys' computers and USC having the institutional control of BP, the Pac-10 is wide open. Oregon St. lost its Senior QB, WA is overrated with all the Locker hype, Luck is gone for Stanford without Gerhart and Tedford is always good for 2-3 real bad losses. Did I mention ASU is a DISASTER.

Look for AZ to be a home dog versus Iowa under the lights Saturday night, Sept. 18th...and take AZ to win straight up. Welcome to the desert Iowa...enjoy getting PR'd and your long flight back home to the corn.

More to come....

No comments:

Post a Comment